Saturday, July 29, 2006

Food Junkies

A junky is a person who is addicted to heroin, but the word can now be used to describe a person who is enthusiastic about anything. Thus comes the concept of a food junky.
A food junky is a person who is particularly enthusiastic about eating good food in good quantities, with a fairly decent frequency. I am such a person. I love food, I love eating. Both give me immoderate pleasure.
My love for food goes to such an extent that I have found myself concentrating more intensely on my food than my date on numerous occasions. I'm sure people find it irritating, but so what?
My love for food is challenged only by possibly one other thing: my love and passion for coke. People who know me will readily testify that I can effortlessly gulp down 4-5 bottles of coke (and I'm talking about the 600ml ones) in a day.
Everyone has their different passions. So do I. To each his own, I say.

No comments: